Archive for January 2019

[Commlist] Full Professorship at the Department of Sociology at Umeå University, Sweden

Fri Jan 11 12:32:19 GMT 2019

We are looking for a new professor to join us at the Department of Sociology at Umeå University!

Our department is also home to DIGSUM, our interdisciplinary Centre for Social Media Research (https://www.umu.se/en/digital-social-research-unit/). <https://www.umu.se/en/digital-social-research-unit/>

The call as such is for an open professorship in sociology, with any specialization matching the research profile of the department. This means that digital sociology is indeed a possible specialization for this new professor.

The appointment includes internal funds which currently allow for 50 per cent research. At least 20 per cent of the duties consist of teaching and/or leadership assignments.

Deadline for applications is February 20 2019.

Full information: https://www.umu.se/en/work-with-us/open-positions/professor-in-sociology_237165/