Archive for January 2019

[Commlist] Faculty Position – Experience/Service Design at IE University

Thu Jan 10 20:51:41 GMT 2019

Tenure Track Faculty Position – Experience/Service Design at IE University
SUMMARY: IE University - IE School of Human Sciences and Technology (HST) invites qualified applicants to apply for full-time tenure-track faculty position beginning September 2019. We are interested in faculty candidates whose expertise and research aligns with one (ideally several) of the following areas: • Experience Design • Service Design
	• Customer Experience (CX)
	• Human-centered Design
	• Innovation Methodologies 	• User Experience (UX)
	• User Interface (UI)
	• Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
HST uniquely integrates fields across human sciences and technology. It is an innovative and rapidly growing school within IE University, with close ties to IE Business School. Our mission is educating a new generation of young professionals through degree programs that break-down traditional academic boundaries, blur the line between the classroom and the modern workplace, and prepare graduates for success in the new economy. Relevant, high-impact research and knowledge creation is part of our mission, and we are seeking to build a team of foundational research faculty as part of the next phase of our expansion. www.ie.edu/hst.

RESPONSIBILITIES: Our faculty are expected to publish in peer-reviewed journals, present in international venues, teach courses at the Bachelor and/or Master level, and provide intellectual leadership within HST in their areas of expertise (and more broadly, across IE University). Applicants will have earned a Ph.D. from a recognized school in a relevant discipline. Salaries will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. HOW TO APPLY: Applications should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, research and teaching statement. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide reference letters. Please submit your application in electronic form by February 15th, 2019 to Sara Flores (Recruitment Coordinator), (HSTopening /at/ ie.edu) ABOUT IE UNIVERSITY: IE University is an internationally recognized institution originally founded as a business school. The university is comprised of schools of Business, Human Sciences & Technology, Law, Global and Public Affairs, and Architecture & Design. We are among the most international institutions of higher education with approximately 75% of our students coming from outside Spain and over 100 countries represented on campus. Our Madrid campus is situated in the financial district of this vibrant, cosmopolitan capital city of over 5 million. Our Segovia campus is located in the historic quarter of this World-Heritage city, 30 minutes by high-speed train from Madrid. www.ie.edu