Archive for November 2018

[ecrea] Lecturer in Media and Communication at Lund University, Sweden

Mon Nov 26 21:17:00 GMT 2018

Please see the advert for a Lecturer in Media and Communication at Lund University, Sweden. For information about the advert and how to apply go to this link (and see details below):

https://lu.mynetworkglobal.com/en/what:job/jobID:237781/type:job/where:4/apply:1?fbclid=IwAR0uSHrLNBChprVysAGvHZg9hWhxCF0jgjzy2nK-sqhxCa4JZ9wtbDNaFY4

Media and Communication research at Lund University focuses on the study of media, society and culture. Our research addresses media and communication structures and processes in modern life. Our aim is to broaden understanding of knowledge, power and social relations in national and transnational media environments. Strategic research areas include: media engagement, democracy and cultural citizenship; media industries and creativity; gender, health and society; audiences, popular culture and everyday life. Researchers in our department specialize in political and cultural engagement, critical animal studies, media and migration, digital media and everyday life, media scandals, celebrities and cultural industries, mobile socialities, media audiences, urban creative collectives, and visual cultures. Projects are funded by organisations such as The Swedish Research Council, Riksbankens Jubileumsfond, The Wallenberg Foundation, The Swedish Institute, and the EU. We are part of networks and collaborative projects in the Nordic countries, Europe and worldwide. Researchers work with public service and commercial media, policy and production sectors, and NGOs. Our teaching is led by research experts, with undergraduate courses taught in Swedish and English. We run an international MSc in Media and Communication with students from a range of backgrounds and professional experience who develop critical understanding of media and communication during two years of cross-cultural meetings and exchange of ideas. There is a lively research culture, with an established doctoral programme, visiting researchers, regular international seminar series, conferences and events.

--
Annette Hill, Professor of Media and Communication, Lund University