Archive for June 2018

[ecrea] Lecturer in Directing Drama for Film or Television at Bournemouth University

Fri Jun 29 09:50:51 GMT 2018

*Lecturer (Academic) in Directing Drama for Film and Television        - Ref FMC130 *

*Starting salary from £33,518 – £38,833 per annum with further progression opportunities to £42,418 *

*Deadline for applications July 26th*

At BU our vision is to create a stimulating, challenging and rewarding University experience, through sharing a unique fusion of education, research and professional practice and inspiring our students and staff to enrich the world. Our highly skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the globe, and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences to build our global learning community.

The Faculty of Media and Communications has an enviable reputation for media production and has developed a popular and successful suite of programmes in television and film production at both undergraduate and post graduate levels

As a lecturer in Directing Drama for Film and Television, you will be able to demonstrate a broad understanding of the film and/or television industries as well as the key craft skills needed to support the next generation of directors working in drama across screen-based media platforms. Enthusiastic about student-centred pedagogy, you will contribute to education delivery, including programme management as required, across the range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. You will also make a significant contribution to employability, and professional engagement with relevant internal and external organisations, at a regional, national and international level.

You will be qualified to Doctorate level or be able to demonstrate the ability to create and disseminate knowledge at an equivalent level and the capability to convert this knowledge into a doctorate in a maximum of 3-5 years from the date of appointment. You will be research active and committed to a culture of academic excellence and continuous improvement.

Applications are welcome from those with professional expertise as directors of film and/ or television in a range of drama genres and formats.

Access further details and apply here: https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/lecturer-academic-directing-drama-film-television

​Fo as informal discussion or the opportunity for an informal visit on July 17th, please contact Dr Christa van Raalte, Head of Department – Media Production by email at (cvanraalte /at/ bournemouth.ac.uk).

BU is an equal opportunities employer which values a diverse workforce. We provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can fulfil their potential. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in inspirational learning, world-class research and the latest thinking.  We provide a powerful fusion of research, education and professional practice, creating a unique academic experience