Archive for May 2018

[ecrea] Ada Issue 13: Feminist Speculative Storytelling: Re-imagining Technology and Hacking

Thu May 24 16:30:18 GMT 2018

We are pleased to announce our Special Issue
<http://adanewmedia.org/issues/issue-archives/issue13/> of /Ada: A
Journal of Gender, New Media, and Technology/ titled “Radical Feminist
Storytelling and Speculative Fiction: Creating New Worlds by
Re-imagining Hacking”.

All the best,

Sophie and SpiderAlex

*Ada, Issue 13: Table of Contents*

Introduction: Radical Feminist Storytelling and Speculative Fiction:
Creating new worlds by re-imagining hacking
<https://adanewmedia.org/2018/05/issue13-toupin-spideralex/>

By Sophie Toupin & Spideralex

Aurat Raj: Hacking Masculinity & Reimagining Gender in South Asian
Cinema <https://adanewmedia.org/2018/05/issue13-mokhtar/>

By Shehram Mokhtar

<https://adanewmedia.org/2018/05/issue13-kirtz/>

Beyond the Blackbox: Repurposing ROM Hacking for Feminist Hacking/Making
Practices <https://adanewmedia.org/2018/05/issue13-kirtz/>

By Jaime Lee Kirtz

<https://adanewmedia.org/2018/05/issue13-chavez/>

Cuerpoclickbait <https://adanewmedia.org/2018/05/issue13-chavez/>

By Josue Chavez

<https://adanewmedia.org/2018/05/issue13-bivens/>

Exploiting a Dystopic Future to Unsettle Our Present-Day Thinking About
Sexual Violence Prevention <https://adanewmedia.org/2018/05/issue13-bivens/>

By Rena Bivens

<https://adanewmedia.org/2018/05/issue13-hors/>

h0rd14r13z <https://adanewmedia.org/2018/05/issue13-hors/>

By HORs

<https://adanewmedia.org/2018/05/issue13-possiblebodies/>

Ultrasonic dreams of aclinical renderings
<https://adanewmedia.org/2018/05/issue13-possiblebodies/>

By Possible Bodies

<https://adanewmedia.org/2018/05/issue13-rojas/>

Suturar los espejos rotos de lo imposible (Sutured Broken Mirrors of the
Impossible) <https://adanewmedia.org/2018/05/issue13-rojas/>

By Lucía Egaña Rojas

<https://adanewmedia.org/2018/05/issue13-kuchera/>

The Weavers and Their Information Webs: Steganography in the Textile
Arts <https://adanewmedia.org/2018/05/issue13-kuchera/>

By Susan Kuchera

<https://adanewmedia.org/2018/05/issue13-savic-wuschitz/>

Feminist Hackerspace as a Place of Infrastructure Production
<https://adanewmedia.org/2018/05/issue13-savic-wuschitz/>

By Selena Savic and Stefanie Wuschitz