Archive for December 2017

[ecrea] cfp: Southeast Asian Cinemas Research Network symposium

Sat Dec 23 07:08:28 GMT 2017

Call for Participants – *PhD students and Early Career Researchers*, *Southeast Asian Cinemas Research Network symposium* *16-17 March 2018 *in partnership with Glasgow Short Film Festival at CCA and National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow.

This March, we will host the Glasgow installation of our four part AHRC funded international research network: ‘Southeast Asian Cinemas Research Network: Promoting Dialogue Across Critical and Creative Practice’ (more info about the project is available here:

https://www.seacrn.org). The theme of our symposium is ‘Archives, Activism and Aesthetics in Southeast Asian Cinemas’, with confirmed keynote speaker Dr May Adadol Ingawanij (University of Westminster). The full programme will be announced mid-January.

We welcome participation from *PhD students and Early Career Researchers *who may apply for *one of six competitive bursaries* available for travel within the UK. Participants will receive mentorship for developing papers into publication, access to the network and advice on career development.

To apply please email a 150-200 word outline of your research project on *any aspect of* *Southeast Asian Cinema* to Dr Philippa Lovatt at (pcl2 /at/ st-andrews.ac.uk) <mailto:(pcl2 /at/ st-andrews.ac.uk)> by the deadline *Friday 19 January 2018.*