Archive for December 2017

[ecrea] Tallinn University invites expressions of interest in Estonia's post-doctoral grants

Thu Dec 07 09:16:35 GMT 2017

Estonian Research Council has announced a competition for post-doctoral grants - for candidates interested in working at Estonian universities. Tallinn University Center of Excellence in Media Innovation and Digital Culture (MEDIT) invites interested emerging scholars to make contact with us and discuss research interests and submitting an application. We have a good track record in winning and hosting these grants. In general, the range of topics our faculty members are interested in supervising is the following:

- transmedia and cross-media
- audiovisual media and convergence cultures
- media innovation theory
- augmented reality storytelling
- enactive cinema
- media metadata
- data management in media industries
- audiovisual heritage digitisation and reuses
- VOD services
- evolution of audiovisual content and service markets in Europe
- evolution of media regulations and policies in Europe and worldwide
- policy responses to cross-border propaganda
- production and uses of fake news in Eastern Europe
- film in and of small countries
- Eastern European and Nordic film and TV cultures
- media export and localisation strategies
- media branding
- media industries in small countries

See more about MEDIT (http://medit.tlu.ee), TLU Baltic Film, Media, Arts and Communication School (BFM; http://www.tlu.ee/bfm/), and about the Call (http://www.etag.ee/en/funding/mobility-funding/mobilitas-pluss/mobilitas-pluss-post-doctoral-researcher-grant/).

The deadline for applications is January 31st, we encourage interested people to make contact in December.

Please contact Indrek Ibrus, head of MEDIT, at (ibrus /at/ tlu.ee) <mailto:(ibrus /at/ tlu.ee)>