Archive for December 2017

[ecrea] Society for Social Studies of Science (4S) 2018 - now open for submissions

Fri Dec 01 23:30:26 GMT 2017

We are excited to announce that the Society for Social Studies of Science (4S) 2018 conference in Sydney is now open for submissions:

https://4s2018sydney.org/call-for-papers-open-panels/

On this website you will find information about submitting a closed panels and single papers, a paper to an open panel, a Making and Doing session; and an exciting new addition to the 4S program, the STS Across Borders Exhibit.

Our theme – TRANSnational STS – encourages presentations, panels, and other events that deepen and extend the transnational character of the Society itself, while engaging issues invoked by both the TRANS prefix (across, beyond, to change thoroughly), and by the problematic and evolving status of ‘nations’ in processes of global ordering.

Over one hundred open panels have been accepted from scholars on every continent and covering every major STS theme. Please consider contributing to what is certain to be a rich and diverse regional conference – by submitting, by adding to our collection of translations of the conference (currently 18 languages) or by contributing to the blog highlighting our two plenary themes, Indigenous STS and Querying STS Geneaologies.