Archive for November 2017

[ecrea] CFP: Philosophies of Communication: East and West

Thu Nov 30 14:10:31 GMT 2017

Call for Papers
 International Colloquium
 Philosophies of Communication: East and West
  Date: February 2 & 3, 2018
Venue: School of English, The University of Hong Kong
For this international colloquium we welcome papers that explore aspects of language philosophy with a focus on the relation between Eastern and Western paradigms. Contributions can be historical, philosophical, literary, linguistic, or related to media/communication, but all in one way or another connected to the question if and how the intercultural perspective can be useful or informative for the study of language and communication in the broad sense. We plan to publish a number of papers presented at the colloquium in a 2018 special issue of Empedocles. European Journal for the Philosophy of Communication (Intellect, Editor: Johan Siebers). We invite you to submit your abstract (ca. 300 words) by the dealine of December 15th, 2017. Please send it to (apable /at/ hku.hk) and (J.Siebers /at/ mdx.ac.uk)
 Organizers:
Adrian Pablé (University of Hong Kong)
Johan Siebers (Middlesex University)