Archive for September 2017

[ecrea] NECSUS general cfp

Thu Sep 28 17:04:05 GMT 2017

NECSUS accepts abstract submissions on a rolling basis throughout the year for a wide variety of articles on a number of themes related to media studies but not necessarily connected to a special section topic. These submissions will be considered for the Features section, which opens every journal issue. Articles in the Features section are full-length and subject to double-blind peer review. Please note that we do not accept full manuscripts for consideration without an invitation. Access our submission guidelines at https://www.necsus-ejms.org/test/guidelines-for-submission/.

We are also accepting proposals on a rolling basis throughout the year for festival, exhibition, and book reviews, as well as audiovisual essays. Review articles are medium-length and not subject to peer review. No abstract submission is necessary when proposing review articles.

We look forward to receiving abstracts of 300 words, 3-5 bibliographic references, and a short biography of 100 words at the following address: (g.decuir /at/ aup.nl). On the basis of selected abstracts writers will be invited to submit full manuscripts (5,000-7,000 words, revised abstract, 4-5 keywords).

NECSUS is an international journal of media studies connected to NECS (European Network for Cinema and Media Studies) and published by Amsterdam University Press. The journal is multidisciplinary and strives to bring together the best work in the field of media studies across the humanities and social sciences. We aim to publish research that matters and that improves the understanding of media and culture inside and outside the academic community. NECSUS is a gold-level open access journal with no APCs for authors and no paywall for readers. Read more about the journal here: https://necsus-ejms.org/about-necsus/.