Archive for June 2017

[ecrea] MAI: A Journal of Feminism and Visual Culture

Mon Jun 12 07:46:30 GMT 2017

/Mai/is a new journal founded and edited by Anna Backman Rogers (Senior Lecturer in Feminist Philosophy and Visual Culture, University of Gothenburg, Sweden) and is named after the Swedish feminist filmmaker Mai Zetterling. The journal aims to become the basis for an intersectional feminist collective of scholars, writers, artists and activists and also potentially an annual retreat/conference.

Currently, our website is under construction, but over the summer, I would like to start commissioning pieces on the following topics/themes from a feminist perspective:

Book reviews – especially reassessments of canonical or radical feminist texts (Catharine Mackinnon, Andrea Dworkin, Shulamith Firestone, Virginia Woolf, Angela Davis).

Film & Television.

Computer Games & Gaming.

Painting & Sculpture.

Photography.

Social Media & Advertising.

Fashion.

Architecture & Design.

Craft.

Politics in the Media.

Interviews with artists & practitioners.

Reviews of exhibitions.

The journal will be updated on a rolling basis and peer reviewed by a collective board of feminist scholars, writers and artists.

I am also looking for committed and passionate people who would actively like to get involved with writing, editing and commissioning for this journal with me.

Please contact me either at (Anna.Backman.Rogers /at/ gu.se) <mailto:(Anna.Backman.Rogers /at/ gu.se)> or http://www.maiwesmashpatriarchy.com