Archive for January 2017

[ecrea] Applications open: Eroles Project: Community of Practice: What practices and narratives do we need to peacefully co-create cultures?

Thu Jan 19 13:17:20 GMT 2017

*CALL OUT to join an Eroles Project COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE*
Reflecting and exchanging around the question:

What practices and narratives do we need to peacefully co-create cultures?

Perugia, Italy 16th - 31st March 2017

***

This emergent 15 day Community of Practice will take place in a rural house in the province of Perugia, Italy, giving the intimate context for 9 participants with diverse backgrounds to exchange understandings from their work, research or practice that concern the co-creation of present day cultures & communities.

The content and flow of the days will be designed by participants along with Ruth Cross (Eroles Project) including getting to know each other & the space, sharing practices, participatory sessions, participant led sessions, time for walking, playing, gardening, house work, meditation, cooking, bodyworks and documentation.

Why this, why you and why now?

In an age of uncertainty we are witnessing the power of narrative to galvanize collective responses to the challenges of our time. Divisive narratives have amplified fear of the other and permitted systemic racism at all levels of society. Yet simultaneously we see robust responses with Indigenous lands being celebrated and defended by people of many cultures, new waves of on/offline collaboration, experiments in degrowth and movements of radical friendship between newcomers and locals.

We urgently need to create new narratives that celebrate such cross cultural responses, that speak to our commonalities rather than our differences, that spark hope and that harness our collective assets.

This CoP asks can we share human and nonhuman lives on our earth whilst being with our collective past, present and unknown future? What energising practices and new narratives do we need to support the emergence of peaceful and integrated cultures, which have capacity to generate meaningful and effective responses?

One aim is to visualise the activities, thinking and practice from this exchange into a booklet, film or new media to share approaches of plurality, intersectionality, cultural diversity, and the yet undiscovered.

KEYWORDS: radically thinking as a species, plurality, identity, intersectionality, systemic change, complexity, co-creation of culture, acceptance, radical friendship, decolonisation, non duality, response-ability, creativity, collaboration, collective joy, new economics, participatory politics, inner listening, new narratives, co-creation

***

For more details or to apply please contact Ruth Cross- (info /at/ erolesproject.org) <mailto:(info /at/ erolesproject.org)>

www.erolesproject.org <http://www.erolesproject.org>
https://www.facebook.com/erolesproject

***

Cost on a sliding scale  600€ - 350€

*Price includes food, accommodation & resources for 15 days
(bursaries available please email for details)

***