Archive for January 2017

[ecrea] CFP-Screening the Virtues workshop

Wed Jan 04 23:09:32 GMT 2017

DEADLINE REMINDER: CFP ‘Screening the Virtues’ – 1-day workshop at the University of Hertfordshire exploring the philosophical and religious dimensions of virtues as they are portrayed in cinema and TV

When and Where: Saturday, 25th February 2017, University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield
Keynote Speaker: Professor Stephen Mulhall (University of Oxford)

Films can have a significant impact on our lives, particularly in the way they can shape our values and beliefs. They can move us emotionally, intellectually and spiritually, turning a theoretical discussion of the virtues into a lived experience. The aims of this workshop are: