[ecrea] CFP Curating Affective Technologies

Tue Nov 29 16:06:41 GMT 2016

*Call for Papers*

*/‘Curating Affective Technologies’/*

**

Following our Flinders University (South Australia) ‘Curating Affective Technologies’ un-conference and paper workshop we’re calling for submission of full 5000 word papers for a special issue of Media International Australia (MIA) slated for publication in November 2017 and edited by Drs. Son Vivienne and Tully Barnett.

Our 2016 humanities research theme ‘Technologies of Memory and Affect’ has offered multiple avenues for engagement. We call for papers on themes including but not limited to:

·Objects that transmit or mediate cultural memory (such as photographs, websites, handmade paper, digital media, art or activism);

·Objects that capture the personal (books, movies, websites, media);

·Places that catalyse social and cultural memory (landscapes, sites, spaces);

·Digitisation processes that layer multiple strands of affect;

·Digitisation processes that preserve and discover historical and family documents

·The materiality of maker cultures

·The body in digital media

·Social media as cultural memory technology

·The workings of gender, sexuality and the body in the mediation of cultural memory

Important dates:

30 Dec 300 word abstract

16 Jan authors notified

6 March deadline 5000 word papers

8 May reviews back to authors

19 June author revisions finalised

Further queries and updates:

(techmemoryaffect /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(techmemaffect /at/ gmail.com)>and www.technologiesofmemoryandaffect.weebly.com <http://www.technologiesofmemoryandaffect.weebly.com>

Also watch out for forthcoming call for participation in a visual methodologies workshop in January and our Technologies of Memory and Affect conference preceding the Adelaide Fringe Festival in February 2017.