[ecrea] CfP: World Press Freedom Day Academic Conference, Jakarta 2017

Tue Nov 22 08:30:25 GMT 2016

World Press Freedom Day Academic Conference: Safety of Journalists

Call for Proposals

3–4 May 2017, Jakarta, Indonesia

Abstract submission deadline: Monday 9 January

We are pleased to invite contributions from the international community of scholars to our Academic Research Conference on Safety of Journalists. The conference, on 3–4 May 2017, is a special academic session held alongside UNESCO’s observance of World Press Freedom Day 2017 in Jakarta.

Abstracts in English of up to 300 words must reach us by 9 January. We welcome perspectives from any academic discipline, illuminating various aspects of the theme in diverse societal contexts. We expect to be able to provide full or partial sponsorship for flights and accommodation for presenters, with priority given to academics from the Global South.

For full details please visit www.worldpressfreedom.info <http://www.worldpressfreedom.info>. In case the site is blocked in your location, you may email (admin /at/ worldpressfreedom.info) <mailto:(admin /at/ worldpressfreedom.info)>to receive the Call for Proposals as a PDF attachment.