[ecrea] Job Vacancy: Lecturer/Postdoctoral Teaching Fellow in Media and Communication at Liverpool Hope University

Mon Oct 31 08:10:31 GMT 2016

Please see below for details of a current vacancy for a Lecturer/Postdoctoral Teaching Fellow in Media and Communication at Liverpool Hope University. The closing date for applications is Friday 11 November 2016. Informal enquiries can be directed towards the Head of Department, Dr Jacqui Miller ((millerj /at/ hope.ac.uk)). Please distribute as you see fit.

Apply at: https://www.hope.ac.uk/jobs/lecturerpdtfmediacommunication-2amedif12/
Lecturer/Postdoctoral Teaching Fellow in Media and Communication - 2AMEDIF12

Liverpool Hope University is a vibrant community with high scholarly standards. We are proud of our past, confident in our present and ambitious for our future. Research is central to our curriculum development and enhancement and all academic staff at the University engage in research. Building upon our REF 2014 submission we are looking with ambition and confidence to the next REF, strengthening even further our research degree programme (PhD and EdD). This developing research expertise builds upon and complements our already well established reputation for excellence in teaching and learning. Our policy is to combine these elements of our work in keeping with the University’s stated academic profile as a research-informed teaching University of distinction. It is in this context that we now seek scholars in a number of areas who will join with us in pursuit of excellence; these opportunities include the post of: The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to existing provision, be involved in new curriculum developments, particularly new/digital/social media, and/or journalism, and engage with the research profile of the team. Departmental research strengths to which s/he should both compliment and add, depending on area(s) of expertise, include Film History and Theory, and News Content Analysis. S/he will be responsible for developing, designing and delivering teaching and student centred learning underpinned by academic scholarship and, if appropriate, professional practice and will be able to develop modules for the successful MA in Film, Media and Society. The successful candidate will have a PhD and a record of research in an aspect of cutting edge media and/or visual culture. S/he will ideally also be competent in an aspect of practical provision, such as digital media, broadcasting or blogging/vlogging. The department has three related subjects: Media and Communication, Film and Visual Culture, and Creative Writing. The University is rapidly developing its research profile and has an ambitious agenda for the future. All new academic staff appointed to the University must either already be research active at REF 3* or above level or have the clear proven capacity, willingness and ability to become research active at this level for the next REF. The University has various support mechanisms in place to help scholars who are ambitious in developing their strong research profile. The post is permanent, subject to the normal probationary period of twelve months.

The post of Postdoctoral Teaching Fellow is a fixed-term appointment for a 12-month period in the first instance. We recruit staff nationally and internationally as we seek out the best to help build Hope for the future. If you join us you will be doing so at an exciting and challenging time as we work to build a liberal arts inspired university of distinction in the UK. If you have the energy, drive and commitment to assist us in this task, we would be delighted to hear from you.