[ecrea] Transformations Issue 28 released: The Ruin, the Future

Tue Sep 20 13:14:22 GMT 2016

Transformations announces the release of issue 28

http://www.transformationsjournal.org/

THE RUIN, THE FUTURE

The Excess and Potential of the Movie Theatre Ruin: The Midnight Star

Vanessa Berry

Ruin, Rubble, and the Necropolitics of History

Stefka Hristova

Light and the Aesthetics of Abandonment: HDR Imaging and the Illumination of Ruins

Alysse Kushinski

The Internet as Ruin: Nostalgia for the Early World Wide Web in Contemporary Art

Paolo Magagnoli

Toward a Rust Belt Poetics: Ruins and Everyday Life in Visual Art from the Deindustrialised U.S. Midwest

Patrick Manning

Rephotography and the Ruin of the Event

László Munteán

Apocalyptic Commons: Derek Jarman’s The Last of England

Avery Slater

Assembling Ruin: Rubble Photography of the 1908 Messina Earthquake

William M. Taylor

Ruin, Allegory, Melancholy. On the Critical Aesthetics of W.G. Sebald’s The Emigrants and The Rings of Saturn

Robin Vandevoordt

Dr Erika Kerruish I School of Arts and Social Sciences I Southern Cross University I Locked Mail Bag 4 I Coolangatta Qld 4225 I Ph: 07 5589 3172 I Email: (erika.kerruish /at/ scu.edu.au) <mailto:(erika.kerruish /at/ scu.edu.au)> I CRICOS Provider No:01241G

Co-editor: http://www.transformationsjournal.org <http://www.transformationsjournal.org/>