[ecrea] 3 vacancies at University of Toronto

Tue Sep 13 06:48:13 GMT 2016

Assistant Professor of Critical Computation and New Media
Assistant Professor – Media and Environment
Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream – Digital Technologies

////

I would like to bring your attention to a new Assistant Professor of Critical Computation and New Media position in the Institute of Communication, Culture, Information & Technology at the University of Toronto Mississauga.

Our Institute has been very busy over the last few years and we've built up a really vibrant community of scholars. Our current faculty can be found here. <http://www.utm.utoronto.ca/iccit/faculty-staff/faculty> We are looking to add up to three more this year.

You will find the posting below and online at: https://utoronto.taleo.net/careersection/10050/jobdetail.ftl?job=1600957.
*Assistant Professor – Critical Computation and New Media**
Institute of Communication, Culture, Information and Technology*

The Institute of Communication, Culture, Information and Technology (ICCIT) at the University of Toronto Mississauga invites applications for a tenure-stream appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor in the area of Critical Computation and New Media. This appointment will begin July 1, 2017.

We seek candidates with research expertise in Critical Computation and New Media, focusing on epistemological considerations surrounding computational intelligence and new media, the politics embedded in algorithms and code, media history, limits and/or comparative technologies of computation, and software studies related to new media. Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree in media studies, communication, science and technology studies, or a related field with an emphasis on computation and new media, by date of appointment or shortly thereafter, and demonstrate excellence in research and teaching. Excellence in research will be demonstrated through publications in leading journals, presentations at competitive conferences, awards, and strong endorsements by referees of top international stature. Excellence in teaching will be demonstrated through teaching accomplishments, strong letters of reference and the teaching dossier submitted as part of the application.

The successful candidate will be expected to conduct research at the highest international level and to establish an outstanding, externally-funded research program, and have a strong commitment to teaching. The candidate will have a graduate appointment in one of the University of Toronto’s tri-campus graduate departments.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.

ICCIT focuses on teaching and research excellence in its four undergraduate programs: Communication, Culture, Information and Technology, Interactive Digital Media, Digital Enterprise Management and Professional Writing and Communication. ICCIT is building a research complement in social networking and communication, interactive and immersive digital media and culture, and the theory and practice of design. The successful applicant will join a vibrant intellectual community of world-class scholars at Canada’s leading university. For information, please visit:www.utm.utoronto.ca/iccit <http://www.utm.utoronto.ca/iccit>.

To be considered for this position, all application materials must be submitted online by *October 3, 2016*. To apply, visit: https://utoronto.taleo.net/careersection/10050/jobdetail.ftl?job=1600957.

Applications must include the documents listed below, formatted as 3 attachments with naming convention LastnameFirstname_CV_Statement.pdf, LastnameFirstname_Writing.pdf, etc.:

_Attachment 1_: Cover Letter, CV and Research Statement
_Attachment 2_: Writing Sample (ONE peer-reviewed, first- or sole-author scholarly work demonstrating significant contribution to field of Critical Computation and New Media; do not submit entire doctoral theses) _Attachment 3_: Teaching Dossier (Max. 20 pages, may include list of courses taught, sample syllabi, course evaluation data summary, statement of teaching philosophy, etc.)

Applicants must have three referees send letters of recommendation directly to Professor Anthony Wensley, ICCIT Director, University of Toronto Mississauga via email (on letterhead, signed and scanned) to (iccit.utm /at/ utoronto.ca) <mailto:(iccit.utm /at/ utoronto.ca)?subject=Assistant%20Professor%20–%20Critical%20Computation%20and%20New%20Media%20(1600957)> by*October 3, 2016*. See submission guidelines at: http://uoft.me/how-to-apply.

The University of Toronto is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. As part of your application, you will be asked to complete a brief Diversity Survey. This survey is voluntary. Any information directly related to you is confidential and cannot be accessed by search committees or human resources staff. Results will be aggregated for institutional planning purposes. For more information, please seehttp://uoft.me/UP. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.

++++++++++++++++++++++

I would like to bring your attention to a new Assistant Professor of Media and Environment position in the Institute of Communication, Culture, Information & Technology at the University of Toronto Mississauga.

You will find the posting below and online at: https://utoronto.taleo.net/careersection/10050/jobdetail.ftl?job=1600958.

*Assistant Professor – Media and Environment
Institute of Communication, Culture, Information and Technology*

The Institute of Communication, Culture, Information and Technology (ICCIT) at the University of Toronto Mississauga invites applications for a tenure-stream appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor in the area of Media and Environment. This appointment will begin July 1, 2017.

We seek candidates with research expertise in Media and Environment, who approach media from the angle of their political dimension and/or materiality, covering: anthropogenic climate change or urban environmental degradation; the role of media in colonial extractive economies; the environmental impact of digital technologies; or the re-appropriation of media for environmental justice. Applicants must have a Ph.D. with a focus on media and environment in media studies, environmental studies, science and technology studies, geography, or communication, or a related field, by date of appointment or shortly thereafter, and demonstrate excellence in research and teaching. Excellence in research will be demonstrated through publications in leading journals, presentations at competitive conferences, awards, and strong endorsements by referees of top international stature. Excellence in teaching will be demonstrated through teaching accomplishments, strong letters of reference, and the teaching dossier submitted as part of the application.

To be considered for this position, all application materials must be submitted online by *October 3, 2016*. To apply, visit: https://utoronto.taleo.net/careersection/10050/jobdetail.ftl?job=1600958.

Applications must include the documents listed below, formatted as 3 attachments with naming convention LastnameFirstname_CV_Statement.pdf, LastnameFirstname_Writing.pdf, etc.:

_Attachment 1_: Cover Letter, CV and Research Statement
_Attachment 2_: Writing Sample (ONE peer-reviewed, first- or sole-author scholarly work demonstrating significant contribution to field of Media and Environment; do not submit entire doctoral theses) _Attachment 3_: Teaching Dossier (Max. 20 pages, may include list of courses taught, sample syllabi, course evaluation data summary, statement of teaching philosophy, etc.)

Applicants must have three referees send letters of recommendation directly to Professor Anthony Wensley, ICCIT Director, University of Toronto Mississauga via email (on letterhead, signed and scanned) to (iccit.utm /at/ utoronto.ca) <mailto:(iccit.utm /at/ utoronto.ca)?subject=Assistant%20Professor%20–%20Media%20and%20Environment%20(1600958)>by *October 3, 2016*. See submission guidelines at: http://uoft.me/how-to-apply.

The University of Toronto is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.

As part of your application, you will be asked to complete a brief Diversity Survey. This survey is voluntary. Any information directly related to you is confidential and cannot be accessed by search committees or human resources staff. Results will be aggregated for institutional planning purposes. For more information, please seehttp://uoft.me/UP.

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.

///

I would like to bring your attention to a new Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream of Digital Technologies position in the Institute of Communication, Culture, Information & Technology at the University of Toronto Mississauga.

Our Institute has been very busy over the last few years and we've built up a really vibrant community of scholars. Our current faculty can be found here. <http://www.utm.utoronto.ca/iccit/faculty-staff/faculty> We are looking to add up to three more this year. You will find the posting below and online at: https://utoronto.taleo.net/careersection/10050/jobdetail.ftl?job=1600974. <https://utoronto.taleo.net/careersection/10050/jobdetail.ftl?job=1600974.%20>

*Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream – Digital Technologies**
Institute of Communication, Culture, Information and Technology*

The Institute of Communication, Culture, Information and Technology (ICCIT) at the University of Toronto Mississauga invites applications for a teaching-stream appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream in the area of Digital Technologies. This appointment will begin July 1, 2017.

We seek candidates with expertise in Digital Technologies who integrate media theory and digital production with pedagogical research. Candidates must either have: a Ph.D. in computer science, digital humanities, or a specialization in digital technologies, by the time of appointment or soon thereafter; or any combination of an advanced degree and creative professional work in the area of Digital Technologies. Candidates must also have a record of excellence in teaching, and a demonstrated commitment to pedagogical enquiry, curriculum development, and teaching innovation. Evidence of excellence and commitment will be demonstrated by strong letters of reference, teaching evaluations, and the teaching dossier submitted as part of the application.

The successful candidate will be expected have a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching. Duties include, but are not limited to: developing and delivering courses in coding for new media, media production, programming and databases; running workshops in a variety of web technologies; participating in the development and management of technical labs; demonstrating understanding and application of discipline-related teaching methodologies; and engaging in curriculum development and implementation. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.

ICCIT focuses on teaching and research excellence in its four undergraduate programs: Communication, Culture, Information and Technology, Interactive Digital Media, Digital Enterprise Management and Professional Writing and Communication. ICCIT is building a research complement in social networking and communication, interactive and immersive digital media and culture, and the theory and practice of design. The successful applicant will join a vibrant intellectual community of world-class scholars at Canada’s leading university. For information, please visit:www.utm.utoronto.ca/iccit <http://www.utm.utoronto.ca/iccit>.

To be considered for this position, all application materials must be submitted online by *October 3, 2016*. To apply, visit: https://utoronto.taleo.net/careersection/10050/jobdetail.ftl?job=1600974.

Applications must include the documents listed below, formatted as 2 attachments with naming convention LastnameFirstname_CV_Statement.pdf, LastnameFirstname_Dossier.pdf, etc.:

_Attachment 1_: Cover Letter and CV
_Attachment 2_: Teaching Dossier (Max. 20 pages, may include list of courses taught, sample syllabi, course evaluation data summary, statement of teaching philosophy, etc.)

Applicants must have three referees send letters of recommendation directly to Professor Anthony Wensley, ICCIT Director, University of Toronto Mississauga via email (on letterhead, signed and scanned) to (iccit.utm /at/ utoronto.ca) <mailto:(iccit.utm /at/ utoronto.ca)%20?subject=Assistant%20Professor,%20Teaching%20Stream%20–%20Digital%20Technologies>by*October 3, 2016*. See submission guidelines at: http://uoft.me/how-to-apply.