[ecrea] Tenure Track Asst. Professor of Spanish-Language Media

Fri Sep 02 07:01:51 GMT 2016

*Assistant Professor of Spanish-Language Media*

The Reynolds School of Journalism at the University of Nevada, Reno, a growing program with great momentum and a collegial spirit, seeks a tenure-track assistant professor of Spanish-language media to join our faculty in fall semester 2017. The Reynolds School is developing a national reputation for innovative curricula, a focus on entrepreneurial learning, and a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion in our learning community.

This tenure-track assistant professor will help us grow a pioneering program in Spanish-language media. This position involves teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, conceptual and skills-based, related to news and/or strategic communication in Spanish-language media, as well as other courses across the curriculum. In addition, our new colleague will conduct a program of research or creative activity, with the strong support of our Center for Advanced Media Studies, which is the Reynolds School’s scholarship and engagement base.

The Reynolds School has developed disciplinary strength and interdisciplinary connections around Spanish-language journalism. These include “Noticiero Móvil,” our Spanish-language news service, which produces content for regional media; our Next Generation Radio Nevada partnership with NPR; a Diversity-Fellow-in-Residence program; and our emerging health communication collaboration with the School of Medicine and Department of Psychology, in which RSJ faculty help to develop cultural competency among Nevada health professionals to serve our state’s increasingly diverse population.

The selected candidate for the assistant professorship will hold a doctorate; be fluent in Spanish; have professional experience in media practice; and demonstrate potential for university teaching, as well as for a program of scholarship or creative activity, in line with the tenure expectations of a research university.

To learn more about The Reynolds School, visit http://journalism.unr.edu

To apply for the assistant professor of Spanish-language media, visit https://www.unrsearch.com/postings/21491