[ecrea] Call for Contributions and Papers. Journal#3, Vol.2 No. 1 - Migration and Motion: Dialogues on Human Movement

Wed Aug 03 06:10:53 GMT 2016

*Call for Contributions and Papers*
*Migration and Motion: Dialogues on Human Movement*

*Journal#3, Vol.2 No.1 - Spring 2017.*

www.journal3.org

After a period of quiet, Journal#3 is returning to the digital curation
scene with a new inter-disciplinary publication on migration and human
motion. The multimedia edition will bring together voices from across
disciplines and practices into dialogue on the contemporary issue of human
movement. Through its publication, we aim to promote thinking that breaks
with today <http://airmail.calendar/2016-08-02%2012:00:00%20CEST>’s
dominant narratives of human migration — of refugees, xenophobia,
citizenship, and the sovereignty of states — seeking out deeper dialogues
on the aesthetics, history and politics of human movement.

We invite contributions from all intellectual backgrounds, including audio
and visual artists, political scientists, choreographers, migration and
refugee study experts, palaeoarchaeologists, filmmakers, technologists,
coders, archivists, photographers, policy makers. In doing so we hope to
establish a conversation that breaches boundaries between artists,
academics and technical professionals, and opens new territory for thinking
about movement amongst our species.

As always, we welcome contributions in any form or format, and encourage
work that challenges publishing conventions. For any non-English language
submissions, please also submit a basic working translation.

The final edition will be digitally published and freely available to
everybody through our open online platform.

Please send all submission enquires to the edition curator, Dr Joshua
McNamara at: (contribute /at/ journal3.org).

Or collaborate with us on our Semaphor
<https://spideroak.com/solutions/semaphor> network, using team code:
R6UKMTZMSK4TW2PNKDGNULMOW2SRWWLSWMMAWUNCWB7SSLYGIPIA

For more information, visit www.journal3.org.