[ecrea] New Online Publication: The Conditions of Possibility شروط الإمكان

Mon Jul 25 23:06:18 GMT 2016

I’m writing to let you know about the release of my online practice-based dissertation: “The Conditions of Possibility شروط الإمكان <http://www.conditionsofpossibility.com>” (www.conditionsofpossibility.com <http://www.conditionsofpossibility.com>)

The transmedia documentary explores and theorizes the January 25th Revolution of 2011, the July 3rd Coup of 2013, and the period of military rule that has followed in Cairo, Egypt. Based on fieldwork undertaken between 2013 and 2015, the website includes anonymized conversations with Egyptian revolutionaries, artists, writers, activists, lawyers, and filmmakers, 250 cell phone photographs I clandestinely took in Cairo following the coup, and texts that I’ve written about the historical con/disjunctures of the city.

To be viewed, the website must be visited using a computer or laptop using a modern browser. Please take the time to visit the project at your convenience and share the work with others as you see fit.

All of the best,

       ~Ian Alan Paul

/Dr. Ian Alan Paul/
/Visiting Assistant Professor/