[ecrea] Interactions: Studies in Communication and Culture - Issue 7.1

Mon May 09 22:01:27 GMT 2016

it is my great pleasure to inform you about the online publication of a new issue of 'Interactions: Studies in Communication and Culture' (Volume 7, Issue 1) by Intellect, which is now available at http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals/view-issue,id=3079/

Table of Contents

Editorial
Salvatore Scifo (Bournemouth University)

Negotiating war on TV series: A cross-national comparative study of the 2003 invasion of Iraq
Ahmed al-Rawi (Concordia University/Erasmus University Rotterdam)

Occupy narratives in Sweden and Latvia: How mainstream media tell the story of a movement
Anne Kaun and Iveta Jurkane-Hobein (Sodertorn University)

Cultural class analysis and audience reception in American television’s ‘third golden age’
Michael L. Wayne (Ben-Gurion University of the Negev)

The (golden) dawn of audiences? Assessing the audience empowerment thesis through a framing analysis of immigration in the Greek media Dimitra L. Milioni and Konstantinos Vadratsikas (Cyprus University of Technology)

Scandal-suffering politicians, scorned wives and salacious news: Examining public response to the scandal press conference Hinda Mandell (Rochester Institute of Technology) and Gina Masullo Chen (The University of Texas at Austin)

Did we fail? (Counter-) transference in a qualitative media research interview
Jacob Johanssen (University of Westminster)

About the journal
Interactions: Studies in Communication & Culture recognizes the interdisciplinary nature of the fields of media, communication and cultural studies and we therefore encourage diverse themes, subjects, contexts and approaches; empirical, theoretical and historical. Our objective is to engage readers and contributors from different parts of the world in a critical debate on the myriad interconnections and interactions between communication, culture and society at the outset of the twenty-first century. It is our intention to encourage the development of the widest possible scholarly community, both in terms of geographical loca- tion and intellectual scope and we will publish leading articles from both established scholars and those at the beginning of their careers. Particular interests include, but are not limited to, work related to Popular Culture, Media Audiences, Political Economy, Political Communication, Journalism Studies, Media Institutions and Practices, Media and Communication Policy, Community and Alternative Media, Global Media and Online and Social Media. Prospective guest editors may approach the Editor with suggestions for themed issues or series.

'Interactions: Studies in Communication and Culture' is a journal published by Intellect. For further information, please visit the journal's webpage at http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals/view-Journal,id=165/

Currently open call for papers

Issue 8.1: Archives of the Digital - Guest Editors: Hermann Rotermund, Wolfgang Hagen and Christian Herzog (Leuphana University Lüneburg), full paper submission deadline 31 July 2016 (see http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals/view-Journal,id=165/view,page=2/ )

Issue 8.2: Suicide and the Media - Guest Editors: Heather Sutherland (Newcastle University) and Gabriel Moreno (Northumbria University, full paper submission deadline 30 November 2016 (see http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/MediaManager/File/CFP8_2%20%281%29.pdf )

Editor: Salvatore Scifo (Bournemouth University)
Associate Editor: Alessandro D'Arma (University of Westminster)