[ecrea] Multidisciplinary Approaches to Social Change, Protest, and Political Mobilisation: Call for Papers

Wed Apr 06 16:50:37 GMT 2016

*Multidisciplinary Approaches to Social Change, Protest, and Political
Mobilisation*

We are pleased to invite you to the 3^nd  INSPR Conference at *the
department of Sociology, University of Cambridge*. The conference will
be held on *June 9^th -10^th,  2016*. Keynote addresses will be
announced shortly.

Details: http://inspr.eu/event-info/inspr3/

Registration & Payment: http://inspr2016.eventbrite.co.uk
<http://inspr2016.eventbrite.co.uk/>

*The Conference*

Social movements play an important role in political debates across the
globe. From an academic point of view, the study of political
mobilisation and social change is subject to an extraordinary
predisposition to cross-disciplinary exchange. Our understanding of the
phenomena we study is subordinate to our capacity to build theoretical
paths among the different disciplines.

Continuing with INSPR’s mission, the aims of this two-day conference are
to explore political mobilisation from a variety of academic
perspectives and to further develop links between disciplines. We seek a
broad range of contributions, including (but not limited to); sociology,
law, psychology, politics, economics, cultural studies, history,
geography, philosophy, literature, and film studies.

Proposals will be selected on the basis of their academic merit. Lines
of research that interrogate different perspectives are highly
appreciated, although excellent work conducted within the boundary of a
single discipline is still suitable for this meeting. Topics may include:

  * Past and present collective actions
  * Social and political theory
  * Motivation, mobilisation, or outcomes
  * Methodology
  * Macro- and micro- processes
  * Art in and from protest
  * Legal or economic implications and considerations
  * Other topics relevant to social protest research

**

*Submissions & Deadlines*

To submit your proposal, please send an email to *(inspr2016 /at/ gmail.com)
<mailto:(inspr2016 /at/ gmail.com)>*. Deadline for submissions of
presentations, poster or symposia is *April 25^th  2016.*Attendees will
be notified by* May 6^th *. Registration deadline (for attendees and
speakers) is *May 31^st *. Places are limited and we encourage attendees
to register as soon as possible.  The Early Bird registration deadline
is *May 11^th. *

*Sponsors*

The conference is sponsored by :

Newton Advanced Fellowship from the British
Academy (http://www.britac.ac.uk/index.cfm)

The Interdisciplinary Network for Social Protest Research (www.inspr.eu)

The School of Psychology, University of Kent
(https://www.kent.ac.uk/psychology/)

The Center for Economic and Social Research, Ýstanbul Kemerburgaz
University, Turkey (www.kemerburgaz.edu.tr <http://www.kemerburgaz.edu.tr/>)

The Department of Sociology, University of Cambridge
(http://www.sociology.cam.ac.uk/)

Giovanni A. Travaglino, PhD, CPsychol

Lecturer in Social & Organisational Psychology

Centre for the Study of Group Processes, School of Psychology

University of Kent, Canterbury CT2 7NP, UK

E*: (G.A.Travaglino /at/ kent.ac.uk) <mailto:(G.A.Travaglino /at/ kent.ac.uk)>