[ecrea] New eBook Gender in focus: (new) trends in media

Fri Apr 01 15:51:13 GMT 2016

We are delighted to announce the publication of the Book /Gender in
focus: (new) trends in media/.

The book has just been released by CECS (Communication and Society
Research Centre) as part of their Communication and Society series.

Download the ebook free of charge from
http://www.lasics.uminho.pt/ojs/index.php/cecs_ebooks/issue/view/193

------

/Gender in focus: (new) trends in media/

Edited by Carla Cerqueira, Rosa Cabecinhas & Sara I. Magalhães

The /Gender in focus: (new) trends in media/ Book was born with the aim
to make a recent contribution that may enrich the bigger picture. It
sought to bring new insights to this research area, especially those
that explore the interrelations and negotiations between (media)
communication and gender through the use of interdisciplinary and
intersectional approaches.

Over the past decades there have been marked changes in gender
relations, in feminist activism, in the (media) communication industry,
and in society in general. Now, in a globalized and media saturated
world, the gendered picture is, consequently, different. The
contemporary grammar is marked by diverse and complex tensions. After
all, we’ve come a long way, but this area of research and activism is
still loading...So, where do we stand today?