[ecrea] 2016 CSA CFP: Policing crises now

Tue Feb 02 22:04:33 GMT 2016

SECOND CALL FOR PROPOSALS

        2016 Cultural Studies Association (CSA) Conference

        Fourteenth Annual Meeting of the Cultural Studies Association (US)

        Villanova University, Villanova, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

        2-5 June, 2016

  *Policing Crises Now **SUBMIT TODAY!
  <http://www.culturalstudiesassociation.org/submissions16>*

Dear Colleagues:

To ensure maximum participation at the 2016 CSA Conference (and enable
maximum engagement with our timely theme "Policing Crises Now") and
allow those who were unable to meet the submission deadline of our FIRST
Call for Proposals, we are pleased to open a SECOND Call for Proposals.
The deadline to submit through our second CFP is *_February 15, 2016_*.
Please consider submitting and help us share this today.

      The Cultural Studies Association (CSA) invites proposals from its
      current and future members
<http://www.culturalstudiesassociation.org/assoc_subscribe.asp> for participation
      in its fourteenth annual meeting. Proposals on all topics of
      relevance to cultural studies are welcome.  For more info, visit:
      http://www.culturalstudiesassociation.org/conference

      SECOND CFP NOW OPEN

        2016 Cultural Studies Association (CSA) Conference

        Fourteenth Annual Meeting of the Cultural Studies Association (US)

        Villanova University, Villanova, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

        2-5 June, 2016

  *Policing Crises Now **SUBMIT TODAY!
  <http://www.culturalstudiesassociation.org/submissions16>*

*Important Dates for Second Call for Proposals:*

  * *February 1, 2016: Submission System Opens (Membership and
    Registration also open -- You must be a member to submit!)*
  * *February 15, 2016: Submissions Due*
  * *March 15, 2016: Notifications Sent Out*
  * *April 15, 2016: Early Registration Ends and Late Registration
    Begins (Registration fees increase by $50 for all categories.)*
  * *May 1, 2016: Last day to register to participate in the conference
    – your name will be dropped from the program if you do not register
    by this date.*

The Cultural Studies Association (CSA) invites proposals from its
current and future members
<http://www.culturalstudiesassociation.org/assoc_subscribe.asp> for
participation in its fourteenth annual meeting. Proposals on all topics
of relevance to cultural studies are welcome.

Best,
Jaafar

----------
Jaafar Aksikas, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Cultural Studies,
Cultural Studies Program
Humanities, History, & Social Sciences
Columbia College Chicago
624 S Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60605, USA

p. 312-369-8667  f. 312-369-8061

President, Cultural Studies Association
<http://culturalstudiesassociation.org>

Editor, /Cultural Studies and Marxism
<http://www.rowmaninternational.com/series/cultural-studies-and-marxism>
/Book Series

<UrlBlockedError.aspx>www.aksikas.org <UrlBlockedError.aspx>

Please check out my forthcoming anthology/Cultural Studies and the
'Juridical Turn' <http://www.tandf.net/books/details/9781138642843/>
/and my edited collection/Cultural Studies and/of theLaw/
<http://www.amazon.com/Cultural-Studies-Law-Jaafar-Aksikas/dp/1138804169/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1423229952&sr=8-2&keywords=jaafar+aksikas>

And my book /ARAB MODERNITIES/
<http://www.amazon.com/Arab-Modernities-Nationalism-Post-Colonial-Postcolonial/dp/1433105349/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423229860&sr=8-1&keywords=arab+modernities+aksikas>