[ecrea] call for applications to summer school on violent online political extremism

Thu Jan 28 10:51:34 GMT 2016

Apply to our Summer School on Topics in Violent Online Political Extremism

The call is out for applications to our 2016 summer school on topics in
violent online political extremism
http://cmds.ceu.edu/article/2015-12-10/apply-our-vox-pol-summer-school-topics-violent-online-political-extremism.
This year's course takes place as part of the VOX-Pol Network of
Excellence http://voxpol.eu/ research project the Center for Media,Data
and Society is a partner in. Organized by the Center for Media,Data and
Society http://cmds.ceu.edu/ and held at the School of Public Policy
http://spp.ceu.edu/ of Central European University http://www.ceu.edu/
in Budapest, this course is designed to provide PhD students,
post-doctoral researchers, advanced MA students, civil society,
policymakers and policy advocates, industry representatives, security
professionals, journalists, and others with an introduction to the role
of the internet in contemporary violent political extremism(s); the
ethics and practices of monitoring violent extremist content;the role of
social media companies in responding to online extremism; impacts on
freedom of expression and privacy online; and of how to research and
contribute to ensuing policy debates.

Application deadline is 15 March, 2016. More details about the course
and the application can be found here:
http://www.summer.ceu.hu/violent-2016.