Archive for March 2016

[ecrea] Spring School on Participation in Media Cultures: Studying Participation within Immigration Societies

Sun Mar 20 15:21:02 GMT 2016

Hereby we cordially invite you to the Spring School “Participation on
Media Cultures: Studying Participation within Immigration Societies”
which will take place from *April 5th to 8th, 2016* *at the Institute of Media Studies, University of Tuebingen.*

The Spring School is dedicated to bringing together (post-)graduate
students and academic scholars from various fields and disciplines to
discuss their understandings and conceptualizations of participation in
media cultures within immigration societies. A focus is being put on
theoretical as well as empirical perspectives of (mediated)
participation in the context of so-called immigration societies.

**

Highlights of the program include:

*Film Screening of “leben verboten” on April 5^th , 2016 at Cinema Arsenal*

Keynote Speeches by *Prof. Dr. Peter Dahlgren, Lund University (April
6^th ), **Dr. Karina Horsti, University of Jyvaeskylae (April 7^th ),
and Prof. Dr. Katarzyna Marciniak, Ohio University, USA (April 8^th ). *

The film screening and the keynote speeches can be attended without
registration.

If you would like to attend the complete program, we would kindly ask
you to register your participation until March 28^th 2016 via
(miriam.stehling /at/ uni-tuebingen.de) <mailto:(miriam.stehling /at/ uni-tuebingen.de)>.

For participants who do not actively contribute to the program, we ask
for a service charge of 10,- Euro from which we cover costs for coffee
breaks and lunch.

You can find further information about the Spring School here:
www.uni-tuebingen.de/springschoolparticipation
<http://www.uni-tuebingen.de/springschoolparticipation>

We are looking forward to seeing you!

Best regards,

Tanja Thomas & Miriam Stehling

***

Dr. Miriam Stehling

Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen

Institut für Medienwissenschaft

Wilhelmstrasse 50

72074 Tübingen

Email: (miriam.stehling /at/ uni-tuebingen.de)