Archive for March 2016

[ecrea] Masculinity in the twenty-first century - Interactions: Studies in Communication and Culture, 6.3

Wed Mar 16 09:41:23 GMT 2016

is my great pleasure to inform you about the online publication of a new issue of 'Interactions: Studies in Communication and Culture' (Volume 6, Issue 3) by Intellect, which is now available at http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals/view-issue,id=3046/

The thematic issue on 'Masculinity in the twenty-first century', is guest-edited by Elwood Watson, Professor of History, African American Studies and Gender Studies at East Tennessee State University.

Table of Contents

Masculinity in the twenty-first century
Elwood Watson (East Tennessee State University)

Lowe T(V): Directing masculinity in a new century
Lloyd Isaac Vayo (University of Minnesota-Twin Cities)

From lonesome cowboys to geek masculinities: A study of documentary films on the financial crisis
Monika Raesch, Micky Lee and Frank Rudy Cooper (Suffolk University)

'This is what I've always wanted': Bromance and the evolution of male intimacy in the Jump Street films
Ann M.Ciasullo (Gonzaga University) and David Magill (Longwood University)

Hot, cool and gone in the twenty-first century: Black male identity and the embodiment of early jazz improvisation
Alphonso D.McClendon (Drexel University)

'Will I do myself proud or only what's allowed?'. Performing masculinities and Generation X men in contemporary Hollywood comedies
Tom Pace (John Carroll University)

'The man your man should be like': Consumerism, patriarchy and the construction of twenty-first century masculinities in 2010 and 2012 Old Spice campaigns
Yannick Kluch (Bowling Green State University)

About the journal
'Interactions: Studies in Communication and Culture' recognizes the interdisciplinary nature of the fields of media, communication and cultural studies and we therefore encourage diverse themes, subjects, contexts and approaches; empirical, theoretical and historical. Our objective is to engage readers and contributors from different parts of the world in a critical debate on the myriad interconnections and interactions between communication, culture and society at the outset of the twenty first century.

It is our intention to encourage the development of the widest possible scholarly community, both in terms of geographical location and intellectual scope and we will publish leading articles from both established scholars and those at the beginning of their careers.

'Interactions: Studies in Communication and Culture' is a journal published by Intellect. For further information, please visit the journal's webpage at http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals/view-Journal,id=165/

Editor: Salvatore Scifo (Bournemouth University)
Associate Editor: Alessandro D'Arma (University of Westminster)

----
Dr. Salvatore Scifo
Senior Lecturer in Communication and Social Media

School of Journalism, English and Communication
Faculty of Media and Communication
Bournemouth University

E: (sscifo /at/ bournemouth.ac.uk)