Archive for March 2016

[ecrea] Lectureship in Science Communication @SalfordUni

Wed Mar 09 17:31:46 GMT 2016

We are advertising a new post here at the University of Salford.

http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/ANE519/lecturer-in-science-communication-technology-enhanced-learning/

It's a fantastic place to work for anyone who is especially interested
in art and science crossovers, or looking to work within a cutting edge
media technology environment. We have amazing facilities to make film,
music, and a new performance building opening this year.

Find below a couple of films about us, including a link to the School's
YouTube channel. We are principal education partner for the Manchester
Science Festival and the city and region is going through an amazing
science renaissance, kickstarted by the Nobel prize winning in 2010,
European City of Science title for 2016, and, perhaps most crucially, a
real sense of common purpose across all Manchester universities in
supporting Science Communication.

This year, we are also beginning co-sponsorship of the BIG STEM prize
for SciComm and, being located alongside BBC, ITV, and others within the
remarkable Media City, it's a really exciting place to work.

Overview of our media facilities:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx30SwH0OIs

Our School's YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3XZvnyb-GlCM42Hrw-DbiA

If you have any questions about the post, please do not hesitate to get
in touch.

Best Wishes,

Andy

Professor Andy Miah, Ph.D. | @andymiah
<http://www.twitter.com/andymiah> | www.andymiah.net
<http://www.andymiah.net/>

Chair of Science Communication & Future Media
School of Environment and Life Sciences
University of Salford, Manchester
Peel Building, Room G50
The Crescent