Archive for January 2016

[ecrea] CfP - Political Communication Section Preconference

Wed Jan 06 18:50:46 GMT 2016

Call for papers - APSA Political Communication Section Preconference

The Political Communication Section of the American Political Science
Association invites interested scholars to submit abstracts for papers
to be presented at the 2016 Political Communication Preconference.

Deadline for submission is no later than MONDAY, MARCH 29 2016.

Abstracts of no more than 350 words (maximum 5,000 characters), plus 3-5
keywords, should be uploaded to the Political Communication
Preconference Site here:
https://docs.google.com/…/1jCw1N7mblszSJyRy7EDw4pl…/viewform
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jCw1N7mblszSJyRy7EDw4pleLwcujCJqp6etwN7At_A/viewform>

In keeping with the main conference theme, “Great Transformations:
Political Science and the Big Questions of Our Time,” we urge
Preconference submitters to think “big:” in terms of communication
theory, emerging technologies, fundamental normative questions of
democratic health, and ways of applying political communication research
to advance our understanding of – and even help solve – the big
questions of our time.

This year’s preconference, designed to allow time for both formal and
informal discussion and exchange of ideas, will feature:
• Nine panels (specific topics dependent on submissions)
• Two plenary sessions (a roundtable and open discussion on the 2016
presidential election, and a roundtable and open discussion on theory
and theory-building)
• Four facilitated “birds of a feather” discussions built around
specific and timely sub-topics within our field
• Time for informal exchanges during continental breakfast, lunch,
breaks, and a closing reception

The Preconference will take place 8am to 6:45pm Wednesday August 31st at
Temple University center city campus, 1515 Market Street, Philadelphia PA.