[ecrea] Professor position at Umeå University

Tue Nov 17 17:17:54 GMT 2015

Professor position at Umea University

—

Come work with us at Umea University, Sweden, as our new Professor!

This position is for an open professorship in Sociology, but competitive
candidates from any other relevant disciplines are welcome to apply as
well. Internet, digital media and society is one of our research areas,
and we are in the process of launching an interdisciplinary unit for
Digital Social Research at our faculty.

The Department of Sociology hosts undergraduate and postgraduate
programs in both Sociology and Library and Information Science. We
presently have around 50 employees, including around 12 PhD students and
5 postdocs, all spanning a wide range of research areas.

The successful candidate will be expected to lead research and
development of the research environment at the department. The position
guarantees 40-60 per cent (dependent on performance) research time as
well as a one semester sabbatical every fourth year.

Deadline for applications is January 18 2016
<http://airmail.calendar/2016-01-18%2012:00:00%20GMT>.

Full information: http://www.soc.umu.se/english/open-positions/

I look forward to possibly working with one of you in the future!

all best,

Simon

Simon Lindgren : Professor
Department of Sociology : Umeå University
(+46)-70-5656-104 <tel://(+46)-70-5656-104> : http://simonlindgren.com
<http://simonlindgren.com/>