[ecrea] Conference 'Comparing Children's Media Around the World' & ECREA Workshop

Fri Aug 21 11:32:22 GMT 2015

Please can we draw your attention to several children’s media events
that we are holding at the University of Westminster, London  on 3rd and
4th September.  If you would like to attend, you are very welcome.
  Conference programmes and Registration details can be accessed in the
link at the end of this email.

*Conference Programme "Comparing Children’s  Media around the world",
  Friday 4th September 9am-7pm, 35 Marylebone Road, London NW15LS*
The day will kick off with a keynote on “Children’s Media: A Global
Perspective” by Professor David Buckingham,  followed by panels on
policy, production, audiences, children’s rights, generations, social
and mobile media, representation, branding and children’s engagement
with digital spaces and platforms. It concludes with a  wine reception.
  Registration Fee £50.

*ECREA Pre-Conference Workshop - "*Accessing, Capturing and Interpreting
Young People's Voices", *T**hursday 3rd September 9.30-17.00, **35
Marylebone Road, London NW15LS*
The day before the conference we are delighted to host the ECREA TWG
Children, Youth and Media Workshop on “Accessing, Capturing and
Interpreting  Young People’s Voices”.  The workshop will start with a
keynote lecture by Dr Alicia Blum-Ross on “Hearing Youth Voices – in and
through media research’. There is a small separate registration fee of
£25 for this.

*Pre-Conference Evening Event with Wine Reception - “Staring into the
Abyss: Where will children’s TV be in 10 Years’ time? Public service,
plurality and personalisation", Thursday 3rd September 5.30-8.30pm, **35
Marylebone Road, London NW15LS***
We hope you will also want to attend a policy event with wine reception
on the future of children’s television co-hosted with the Children’s
Media Foundation (CMF) and the Voice of the Listener & Viewer (VLV)
on Thursday evening.   A panel of key experts will debate what
children’s television might look like in a decade’s time.  Where will
current policy-making lead the children’s audience and what impact is
this likely to have on the range and diversity of children’s content
provision in the long term? Registration: *Free to conference and
workshop delegates*, but we need to know numbers in advance, so please
make sure you tell us if you are coming in the Registration form (see below)

*Conference Programmes and Registration*
Conference programmes and registration forms with a link for payment
(contained within the registration document) can be found on the bottom
of the conference web page at:
http://www.westminster.ac.uk/camri/events/comparing-childrens-media-around-the-world-policies,-texts-and-audiences

Please address any queries about registration to Karen Foster (
(K.Foster2 /at/ westminster.ac.uk) <mailto:(K.Foster2 /at/ westminster.ac.uk)>)

With kind regards

Professor Naomi Sakr and Professor Jeanette Steemers
Conference Organisers
University of Westminster