[ecrea] CFP: SIETAR Branding and Multiculturalism

Thu Apr 30 22:20:11 GMT 2015

BRANDING AND MULTICULTURALISM: SIETAR AUSTRALASIA INAUGURAL CONFERENCE 16- 18 OCTOBER 2015 CAIRNS, AUSTRALIA.

My culture. Your culture. Our culture.

'Super Diversity and Multiculturalism. Managing and understanding diversity and culture at home and abroad.'

We invite theoretical and practical contributions questioning all forms of multiculturalism from dance, art to indigenous cultural sovereighty amongst some of the topics we like to discuss. this is an inter-disciplinary conference.

Our inaugural conference is about multiculturalism locally and globally. We would like to encourage and promote a deeper dialogue about multitudes of cultures co-existing without one dominating any of them. This is the ideal of multiculturalism we are aiming to explore in our conference: How to share without being subsumed.

We encourage all our participants to explore these ideas, to demonstrate and to find new ways to unite cultures in their presentations, workshops, or film, or any other performing art medium. We would like to explore the notion of how we can all co-exist (or not) and share our different cultures, but without being subsumed into one another’s culture. So join us in sharing your culture with my culture for us to create our culture together.

Sample of suggested topics:

1. Community and national identity

2. Multiculturalism in the workplace

3. Multicultural art in all forms

4. Hybrid culture

5. Multiculturalism and local culture

6. Indigenous culture and multiculturalism

7. Constructing multicultural identity

8. Religion and multiculturalism

9. Cohabiting in a global world

10. Denial of local culture into global culture

11. Symbols and culture

12. Multiculturalism in your country

13. Peace and multiculturalism

14. Superdiversity

15. Interfaith community and multiculturalism

16. Multiculturalism between nations

17. Multiculturalism and diplomacy

18. Multiculturalism international relations

19. Your culture and Multiculturalism

20. Australia and Multiculturalism

21. Australia and Islam

22. Multiculturalism and Australasia region.

23. Multiculturalism and global corporations

24. Multiculturalism and branding/ place branding

25. Multiculturalism, tangible culture, intangible culture

Note: Papers on other relevant topics are welcome too.

Dead-line for abstracts : 30 April 2015

Notification of acceptance : 30 June 2015

Early bird registration : 15 June 2015

Abstracts should be maximum 300 words in length.

Pre-congress submissions and workshops submissions should be 500- 1000 words in length.

o All abstracts will be published in the SIETAR Australasia Journal and selected papers will be invited for publishing in a peer reviewed journal.

o  Contact Hatice Sitki or Sevika Varaden at:
(info /at/ sietaraustralasia.com)<mailto:(info /at/ sietaraustralasia.com)>

o  And see our web-site:
http://www.sietaraustralasia.com/#!2015-conference/cek0