[ecrea] Call for Papers: image and ethnography

Mon Apr 20 17:09:59 GMT 2015

please find a call for papers for a panel/atelier on 'images' and 'ethnography' to be held in Paris next October.

This
 call is for students and early-career scholars interested in discussing
the concept of 'image' in relation to their ethnographic practice. The panel will be part of the Annual Encounter of Ethnographies held at the EHESS in Paris on 14-15 October 2015 (http://rae.hypotheses.org/) - general call for papers also attached.
The panel will consist on 3 presentations of
30 min, an introduction given by the organisers, a final commentary from
a renowned scholar in the field (tbc) and a general discussion. The atelier will aim at a specific publication on the subject.

With this panel we aim to get one presenter doing 'visual anthropology', one
doing anthropology without any immediate connection with the visual, and one doing a visual practice indirectly related to anthropology.
The
 atelier and overall conference will be free of cost. However, we do not
 have funding to get participants in Paris; but if needed, we may be
able to let them be hosted by students in Paris.

For further details see the attached document.
Deadline for sending abstracts of 500 words (in French or English) is: 8 May 2015
Abstracts must be sent to the two convenors:

Giulia Battaglia ((giu_bat /at/ hotmail.com))
Guillermo Vargas Quisoboni ((vargas /at/ ehess.fr))

Giulia
Battaglia (MA, PhD)

Visual/Media
Anthropology
SOAS, University of London

Postdoctoral
Research Fellow

Département de la recherche et de l'enseignement
Musée du quai Branly

222 rue de l'Université

75343 PARIS Cedex 07