[ecrea] Review of Communication Research - Volume 3. Free download. Call for Proposals.

Fri Mar 20 15:31:01 GMT 2015

Review of Communication Research
Literature reviews for the communication field
    Thursday, March 12

Dear Sir / Madam:

It is my pleasure to present to you the excellent literature reviews that Review of Communication Research (RCR) has recently published. You can download them free of charge.

Scott W. Campbell (University of Michigan, USA), Mobile communication and network privatism: A literature review of the implications for diverse, weak, and new ties.

John L. Sherry (Michigan State University, USA), The Complexity Paradigm for Studying Human Communication: A Summary and Integration of Two Fields

You can also download for free, as hundreds of scholars have already done, the other articles RCR has published:

Kory Floyd (Arizona State University, USA), Humans are People, too: Nurturing an Appreciation for Nature in Communication

Robert Abelman (Cleveland State University, USA), Reviewing and Revising the Institutional Vision of U.S. Higher Education

Maxwell McCombs & Natalie J. Stroud (University of Texas at Austin, USA), Psychology of Agenda-Setting Effects. Mapping the Paths of Information Processing

Lijiang Shen (University of Georgia, USA) & James Price Dillard (Pennsylvania State University, USA), Threat, Fear, and Persuasion: Review and Critique of Questions About Functional Form

Daniel G. McDonald (Ohio State University, USA), Narrative Research in Communication: Key Principles and Issues

W. James Potter (University of California, Santa Barbara, USA), Synthesizing a working definition of "Mass" Media

Ivory, James D. (Virginia Tech, USA), Video Games as a Multifaceted Medium: A Review of Quantitative Social Science Research on Video Games and a Typology of Video Game Research Approaches

Timothy R. Levine (Michigan State University, USA, now at Korea University, South Korea), Quantitative Communication Research: Review, Trends, and Critique

CALL FOR PROPOSALS

If you are an experienced scholar with at least two publications in leading journals, I invite you to send a proposal for publishing in RCR. We publish literature reviews that have an added value and are not just abstracts of previous published articles. An added value may be gained from a novel and insightful way to organize findings that show them in a new perspective. Another way to add value may be through finding gaps or inconsistencies in previous research. New theories or interdisciplinary research integrating different fields are especially welcome. Please, read the information here. We are looking forward to receiving your proposal.

For more information about RCR or this call for proposals, please contact me at (editor /at/ rcommunicationr.org)

Finally I invite you to discuss the papers (there is no need for registration) and to participate in our social media.

I hope you find this journal interesting and useful.

Giorgio De Marchis, Ph.D.

Editor, Review of Communication Research

www.rcommunicationr.org

Complutense University, Madrid

Aims & Scope

click here!