[ecrea] Media Industries--call for papers, priority deadline 4/1

Wed Mar 04 20:19:10 GMT 2015

Media Industries Journal

Call for Papers

Priority Consideration Deadline:                    April 1, 2015

Submit through the online portal:       mediaindustriesjournal.org

Media Industries seeks quality research articles for priority consideration in the publication of the second issue of our second volume. We accept submissions on a rolling basis, but will prioritize submissions received by April 1, 2015 for our Winter 2015/2016 issue.

We invite contributions that range across the full spectrum of media industries, including film, television, internet, radio, music, publishing, electronic games, advertising, and mobile communications. Submissions may explore these industries individually or examine inter-medial relations between industrial sectors. We encourage both contemporary and historical studies, and are especially interested in contributions that draw attention to global and international perspectives. Media Industries is furthermore committed to the exploration of innovative methodologies, imaginative theoretical approaches, and new research directions.

Launched last year, Media Industries is a new peer-reviewed, multi-media, open-access online journal that supports critical studies of media industries and institutions worldwide. We seek to take advantage of the online format by encouraging inclusion of multimedia elements and hyperlinks within the submitted article as well as utilizing a fully online submission process through our website.

Articles should be between 5,000 and 7,000 words; word count includes image captions and endnotes, but does not include the bibliography. Full guidelines can be found on our submission page.

If you have any questions, please contact the journal at (mediaindjournal /at/ gmail.com).

To keep up-to-date with our publications and news, follow us on social media at Twitter.com/mediaindjournal and facebook.com/mediaindustriesjournal.