[ecrea] Call for Papers 2015 ASPERA Conference, Adelaide Australia

Thu Feb 05 00:38:45 GMT 2015

Call for papers
2015 ASPERA Conference 15-17th July
What’s This Space?
Screen Practice, audiences & education for the future decade.

The ASPERA conference is an annual opportunity for academics, filmmakers and postgraduate students to present and discuss their ideas, projects, teaching & research as they relate to the field of contemporary screen production.

The 12th Annual Conference of the Australian Screen Production Education & Research Association (ASPERA), will be held at Flinders University Victoria Square Campus 15 – 17, July 2015.

The conference convenors invite papers, panels and topics for roundtable discussion, interactive workshops, poster presentations and micro talks (5 minute presentations) that address the following theme (with other ideas also being considered):

What's This Space?
Screen practice, audiences and education for the future decade.
The spaces in which screen stories are viewed and the way in which we consume them has, and is continuing to change rapidly. This years ASPERA conference will examine, discuss and explore the multiplicity of screens and the impact they have on production, education, screen communities and audiences in the 21st century. We invite you to consider how traditional creative screen practices are changing and being challenged by the range of screens we now engage with, the content we consume and the spaces in which this is undertaken. We will be publishing fully refereed conference proceedings again this year, via the ASPERA website.

Topics you may wish to address include:
The shape of the contemporary screen industries
Current screen practices
Spaces and screens
Documentary forms, narratives and distribution
Transmedia storytelling
Emerging screen funding models and distribution
Screen and digital media production pedagogy
Social media as a production platform
Participatory content production
Digital workflows
Mobile screens
Screen research through the PhD Film
Old and new collaborative practices

Participants are also encouraged to put forward proposals for exhibits, practical workshops or demonstrations. We look forward to talking to you about your requirements.

Important Deadlines:
Abstracts to be submitted by Friday 13th March 2015
Successful submissions will be notified by Monday 30th March 2015
Full draft paper for double blind peer review by Friday 1st May 2015

Submission guidelines:
All proposals must include the following information:
Name, title and affiliation of each author (please indicate student authors)
An extended abstract (500 words) describing the presentation, including
Illustrations or diagrams for installation as needed
Requirements for technical support (e.g. AV, space, electrical)
First author’s name and page numbers on all proposal pages

Refereed conference proceedings
We will be publishing fully refereed conference proceedings again this year, via the ASPERA website. If you would like the opportunity to have your paper (3500 - 5000 words) published, then you will need to send a full draft for double blind peer review by the 1st May 2015. You will receive two peer review reports prior to the conference, giving you time to develop your ideas in accordance with the reviewers' suggestions. Final papers will then be due shortly after the conference, to be published before the end of 2015. Further details (including a style guide) will be available at a later date.

Please make it very clear in your e-mail if you are submitting a full paper for peer review. We will not be able to offer this opportunity to papers that are submitted closer to and after the conference.

*Postgraduate student submissions are strongly encouraged.

*Proposals should be submitted to (asperaconference /at/ gmail.com)

*Please send proposals and other inquiries to: (asperaconference /at/ gmail.com)

Dr Alison Wotherspoon

Head of Department

Department of Screen and Media | Flinders University

Sturt Road, Bedford Park| South Australia| 5042

GPO Box 2100 | Adelaide SA 2100

P: +61 8 8201 2290 F: +61 8 8201 3635

E: (alison.wotherspoon /at/ flinders.edu.au) | W: www.flinders.edu.au

http://www.flinders.edu.au/people/alison.wotherspoon