[ecrea] Media Industries Publishes Third Issue

Tue Feb 03 20:18:37 GMT 2015

Media Industries Publishes Third Issue

Visit us at mediaindustriesjournal.org.

Dear Friends,

We are pleased to announce that the third issue of Media Industries is now online. We would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that our submission site remains open, and we are accepting manuscripts on a rolling basis.

About Our Third Issue

Issue 3 is the final in a series of three issues to be published during the last year that features essays authored by members of our esteemed editorial board. Each of the board essays assesses the state of the field of media industries studies and articulates a vision for the scope of the field and the journal.

Articles featured in this third issue include:

    * On Comparison - Nitin Govil
    * The Film Festival as Industry Node - Dina Iordanova
* Industrialization and Globalization in China's Musical Business - Shin Dong Kim
    * Assembling a Toolkit - Amanda D. Lotz
    * Media Work, Management, and Greed: A New Agenda? - Vicki Mayer
    * "Invisible Work" in the Indian Media Industries - Ranjani Mazumdar
    * The Discourse on Media is Dominated by Reactionary Cant - Toby Miller
    * Advertising, the Media, and Globalization - John Sinclair
    * Global, Regional, Transnational, Translocal - Joe Straubhaar
* Where in the World is Orphan Black? Change and Continuity in Global TV Production and Distribution - Serra Tinic
    * TV, Digital, and Social TV: A Reflection - Jing Wang
    * Learning from the History of the Field - Janet Wasko

This issue, as well previously published editorial board essays and the submission portal, can be found at mediaindustriesjournal.org.

Call for Papers

Media Industries is a new peer-reviewed, multi-media, open-access online journal that supports critical studies of media industries and institutions worldwide. We invite contributions that range across the full spectrum of media industries, including film, television, internet, radio, music, publishing, electronic games, advertising, and mobile communications. Submissions may explore these industries individually or examine inter-medial relations between industrial sectors. We encourage both contemporary and historical studies, and are especially interested in contributions that draw attention to global and international perspectives, and use innovative methodologies, imaginative theoretical approaches, and new research directions.

We are currently seeking high-quality submissions for our second peer-reviewed issue; for full consideration for publication in this issue, authors are encouraged to submit their manuscripts by April 1, 2015.

More About Media Industries

The journal is maintained by a managing Editorial Collective and Editorial Board comprised of an international group of media industries scholars. For additional information about the Board and Collective, please visit:

Media Industries

Website: mediaindustriesjournal.org

Email: (mediaindjournal /at/ gmail.com)

Facebook: facebook.com/mediaindustriesjournal

Twitter: twitter.com/mediaindjournal

Sincerely,

Amelia Arsenault (Georgia State University), Stuart Cunningham (Queensland University of Technology), Michael Curtin (University of California, Santa Barbara), Terry Flew (Queensland University of Technology), Anthony Fung (Chinese University of Hong Kong), Jennifer Holt (University of California, Santa Barbara), Paul McDonald (University of Nottingham), Brian McNair (Queensland University of Technology), Alisa Perren (University of Texas at Austin), and Kevin Sanson (University of California, Santa Barbara)