[ecrea] New journal launch: Journalism and Discourse Studies

Sun Feb 01 11:28:40 GMT 2015

We are pleased to announce the launch of our new journal, /Journalism and Discourse Studies/ (/JDS/). /JDS/ is an online, open access, peer reviewed journal providing a space for interdisciplinary collaboration and conversation between researchers across the fields of journalism, media, discourse, politics, culture, communication and society: _www.JDSJournal.__n__et_ <http://www.JDSJournal.net> JDS, Volume 1, Issue 1 contains an introductory discussion from the editorial team followed by a series of short essays from Teun van Dijk, Stuart Allan, Chris Hart and Chris Frost who comment on the opportunities that /JDS/ can provide to the fields of journalism studies and discourse studies: _http://www.jdsjournal.net/publications.html_ Our first issue is accompanied by the launch of our guest blogger page. In this opening contribution Alexander Macleod gives a fascinating insight to his PhD research on Malaysian discourses of national identity: _http://www.jdsjournal.net/jds-guest-bloggers_ _We would like to thank everyone who has helped and advised in the development and launch of this journal. Please advertise widely amongst your research networks.__ We are now accepting __submissions__ for issue 2 and proposals for special issues are welcome. If you would like to contribute a blog post__,__ perhaps on a current issue __in__ journalism and media__ or to discuss__ __a __forthcoming research publication__,__ then__ please contact the editorial team.__ _ The authors contributing full articles in issue 1 demonstrate the international and interdisciplinary focus of /JDS/: *Hierarchies of Incredibility: The impact of different repertoires of protest on message propagation and press coverage
**/Jonathan Cable/*
*A fly in the ointment: How Turkish Cypriot radio news aggravates relations with the Republic of Cyprus *
*/Lyndon Way/*
*Language choice and the representation of women and men in two British newspapers
**/James Owens and Thomas Hawes/*
*Framing environmental risk in the broadcast media in Uganda
**/Margaret Jjuuko/*
Best wishes,
Darren, Majid and David
Dr Darren Kelsey
Lecturer in Journalism and Discourse Studies
BA Degree Programme Director, Media and Cultural Studies
School of Arts and Cultures
Newcastle University
Room 2.85, Second Floor
Armstrong Building