[ecrea] Foreign Correspondents & International Newsgathering: The Role of Fixers

Wed Jan 07 21:53:25 GMT 2015

There follows a shameless plug for my book that has just been published. It draws on my PhD and has been expanded, rewritten and updated. It is called: ‘Foreign Correspondents & International Newsgathering: The Role of Fixers’.

http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415733359/

It is published by Taylor & Francis in the series ‘Routledge Research in Journalism’.

http://www.routledge.com/books/series/RRJ/

Hoping that you (or your library) will order a copy.

All the best

Colleen Murrell

Dr Colleen Murrell

Senior Lecturer in Journalism

Deakin University, Melbourne.

Twitter: ivorytowerjourn

http://www.deakin.edu.au/contact/staff-profile/?pid=1368

Co-Secretary, Journalism Education & Research Assn of Australia (JERAA)

Recent articles:

Murrell, C. (2014) The Vulture Club: international newsgathering via Facebook. Australian Journalism Review. 36(1) pp 15-27

Murrell, C. (2013). International Fixers: Cultural interpreters or ‘People Like Us’? Ethical Space: The International Journal of Communications Ethics. Vol 10, No 2/3. Pp 72-79

Murrell, C. (2013). ABC News 24 and BBC World: a study of limited resources and challenging newsgathering. Australian Journalism Review. 35(1) pp 83-96