Archive for November 2015

[ecrea] AHRC Studentships available in the University of Roehampton.

Thu Nov 12 23:11:56 GMT 2015

The Department of Media Culture and Language at the University of
Roehampton is pleased is invite applications to its PhD programme in
Cultural Studies, Film, Media and Photography. Our vibrant and active
research culture provides an excellent context in which to pursue both
practice-based research projects and those that focus on traditional
scholarship. Further information about our research culture is available
at:
http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/Research-Centres/Centre-for-Research-in-Film-and-Audiovisual-Cultures/.

There is an exciting opportunity for the strongest doctoral students to
apply for funding through our membership of the AHRC TECHNE Doctoral
Training Partnership. Successful applicants will be awarded a stipend
and fee waiver to commence on 1st October 2016.

TECHNE PhD students will benefit from a rich and diverse development
programme, with a focus on interdisciplinarity and developing career
potential both within and beyond academia. The programme includes input
and placement opportunities provided by TECHNE’s many partner
organisations in the cultural sector (e.g. the Barbican, Natural History
Museum, Museum of London, British Film Institute and the Science
Museum). Further information is available at www.techne.ac.uk
<http://www.techne.ac.uk>.

*At Roehampton, the deadline for expressions of interest is _1st
December 2015_. Please send a short summary document including your
proposed project (500 words), details of any informal discussions you
may have had with staff at Roehampton and details of your qualifications
to (s.abbott /at/ roehampton.ac.uk) <mailto:(s.abbott /at/ roehampton.ac.uk)>. *

**

*Our internal deadline for draft applications is _8th January 2016_. *

**

*And Final Applications are due for submission to TECHNE by midnight,
_7th February 2016_. *

For details on how to apply for TECHNE at Roehampton, see:
www.roehampton.ac.uk/Courses/Graduate-School/TECHNE-AHRC-Studentships/
<http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/Courses/Graduate-School/TECHNE-AHRC-Studentships/>

For details of potential supervisors in the Department of Media Culture
and Language, see:
http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/media-culture-and-language/research/

For general enquiries about TECHNE at Roehampton, potential applicants
can contact Amy Waite in the Graduate School at (TECHNE /at/ roehampton.ac.uk).

Dr. Stacey Abbott

Reader in Film and Television Studies

Research Degrees Convenor for Department of Media, Culture and Language

Roehampton University | London | SW15 5SL

(s.abbott /at/ roehampton.ac.uk) | www.roehampton.ac.uk