Archive for August 2015

[ecrea] QUT Digital Media Research Centre PhD Scholarships

Tue Aug 18 19:22:19 GMT 2015

*QUT Digital Media Research Centre PhD Scholarships for 2016 Entry*

The Digital Media Research Centre (DMRC) at Queensland University of
Technology (QUT) is now calling for expressions of interest from
prospective postgraduate research students as part of the University’s
annual Scholarship Round. **

The DMRC aims to conduct world-leading research that helps society
understand and adapt to the changing digital media environment. It is a
leading Australian centre for the fields of media and communication -
areas in which QUT has achieved the highest possible rankings in ERA,
the national research quality assessment exercise. We are actively
engaged with the Asian region across all our research programs; and we
have a strong commitment to research training for academic and industry
researchers alike.

Applicants with excellent academic track records (equal to an Australian
Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours) or equivalent research
experience may be eligible for competitive PhD scholarships to undertake
study with us. Successful applicants will work on topics that align
closely with one or more of our four research programs. The DMRC is also
offering a number of *additional top-ups* to these scholarships for
highly ranked students.

**

*Closing date: 30th September 2015 (earlier enquiries essential)*

Further information on our research programs, PhD topics for 2016, and
how to apply is here: http://tinyurl.com/dmrcphd

Ben Light
PhD MSc BA(Hons)
Professor of Digital Media Studies