Archive for July 2014

[ecrea] CFP: Consuming/Culture: Women and Girls in Print and Pixels

Thu Jul 10 02:00:30 GMT 2014

CFP: Consuming/Culture: Women and Girls in Print and Pixels
5-6 June 2015
http://openbrookes.net/consumingculture/
@PrintAndPixels
This conference follows on from those held at Kingston (2012) and Cornell (2013), themed around women and magazines. We have selected a theme that will allow for a wide range of papers and we encourage submissions from scholars at all stages of their careers. We especially welcome proposals that incorporate the following themes:

    * food
    * advertising
    * digital platforms/presentations
    * celebrities
    * sport
    * marketing
    * memoir
    * fashion
    * internationalisation
    * all forms of identity/representational politics

The organisers encourage collaborative efforts, in both individual paper and panel submissions. Submit abstracts of no more than 250 words to (consuming.culture.conference /at/ gmail.com) by 1 October 2014. This conference will also incorporate a poster session that will allow participants to feature visual aspects of magazines. Queries about this mode of presentation and abstract of 150-250 words can be directed to (consuming.culture.conference /at/ gmail.com) by 1 October 2014. The conference will be held at Oxford Brookes University and is jointly sponsored by Oxford Brookes University (UK), Arcadia University (US), and the University of East Anglia (UK). For additional information and updates, please go to http://openbrookes.net/consumingculture/ and follow @PrintAndPixels on twitter.

Best wishes,
Hannah Yelin
School of American Studies
University of East Anglia