Archive for May 2014

[ecrea] CFP: Consuming/Culture: Women and Girls in Print and Pixels

Wed May 14 12:00:02 GMT 2014

This conference follows on from those held at Kingston (2012) and Cornell (2013), themed around women and magazines, and will be held at Oxford Brookes University on 5 and 6 June 2015. We have selected a theme that will allow for a wide range of papers and we encourage submissions from scholars at all stages of their careers. We especially welcome proposals that incorporate the following themes: food, advertising, digital platforms/presentations, celebrities, sport, marketing, memoirs, fashion, internationalisation, and all forms of identity/representational politics. The organisers encourage collaborative efforts, in both individual paper and panel submissions.

Submit abstracts of no more than 250 words to (consuming.culture.conference /at/ gmail.com) by 1 October 2014

This conference will also incorporate a poster session that will allow participants to feature visual aspects of magazines. Queries about this mode of presentation and abstract of 150-250 words can be directed to (consuming.culture.conference /at/ gmail.com) by 1 October 2014.

Elizabeth Lovegrove
Learning Technologist & Digital Media Editor, OCSLD
PhD student / Associate Lecturer, Publishing