Archive for May 2014

[ecrea] IIPC Visiting fellow call 2014

Wed May 07 07:00:07 GMT 2014

Spend your sabbatical in Finland as IIPC visiting fellow!

The International Institute for Popular Culture (IIPC) is a multi-disciplinary research unit concerned with promoting cutting-edge research on contemporary popular culture. We aim not only to chart and explain emerging cultural forms but also to investigate the history and transformations of popular culture. The Institute is committed to pursuing academic excellence, and to promoting ambitious, high-quality research while facilitating international scholarly exchange and collaborative publications.

The IIPC Visiting Fellow will receive travel costs to and from Turku, Finland, accommodation during the stay, and office space to work in. We will not pay your salary or other living expenses. We are looking for outstanding scholars with a research interest in popular culture to stay with us for one month. We require the fellow to give an IIPC Debate lecture (see http://iipcblog.wordpress.com/iipc-debates/) at the beginning and the end of the stay, and to run a weekly IIPC Research Seminar. The first possibility to arrive is in the autumn 2014. The minimum requirement for visiting fellows is a PhD degree in a germane area of research on popular culture.

Deadline:
May 16, 2014, we advise those planning to join us in Autumn 2014 to contact us as soon as possible.

Contact:
IIPC Coordinator Kimi Kärki: kimi.karki(at)utu.fi, tel. +358 2 333 5890
The postal address of the institute is:
IIPC, Department of Cultural History
University of Turku, FI-20014 Turku
FINLAND

Susanna Paasonen
Professor of Media Studies
Deputy head, School of History, Culture and Art Studies
University of Turku, Finland
<(suspaa /at/ utu.fi)>