[ecrea] 'Youth and Technology: Pleasure and Governance' symposium

Fri Nov 29 17:56:22 GMT 2013

Catherine Driscoll and I would like to extend to you an invitation to an upcoming symposium we are hosting, originally conceived and organised by Anna Hickey-Moody. It is titled ‘Youth and Technology: Pleasure and Governance’ and will run on Friday the 13^th of December from 9:15-6:00pm in the New Law Annexe Seminar Room 444 at the University of Sydney.

This is a one-day symposium including four panel sessions and featuring the following participants: Kath Albury (UNSW), Thomas Crofts (USyd), Catherine Driscoll (USyd), Terry Flew (QUT), Kelly Freebody (USyd), Gerard Goggin (USyd), Liam Grealy (USyd), Anna Hickey-Moody (Goldsmiths), Tess Lea (USyd), Remy Low (Mount Druitt University Hub), Elspeth Probyn (USyd), Kerry Robinson (UWS), Jessica Ringrose (IoE, London), Amanda Third (UWS), Megan Watkins (UWS).

A poster is attached to this email, as is a document containing details of sessions and a full list of abstracts.

If you are interested in attending please RSVP by Thursday the 5^th of December to (ytpgsymposium /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(ytpgsymposium /at/ gmail.com)>. This is necessary in order that we are able to properly cater for lunch, so when doing so please specify any special dietary requirements. The symposium will be followed by a cash bar in the Law building, at which the audience is obviously also very welcome.

Best wishes,

Liam Grealy and Catherine Driscoll

Department of Gender and Cultural Studies

The University of Sydney