[ecrea] 3 open rank positions at Northeastern University (Boston)

Tue Sep 10 20:07:04 GMT 2013

3 Open Rank Positions at Northeastern University (Boston,Massachusetts, USA)

The Department of Communication Studies at Northeastern University invites applicants for three open rank tenure-on-entry full or associate professor or tenure-track assistant professor positions devoted to different aspects of public advocacy. These positions reflect our department’s longstanding commitment to the study of human communication with an emphasis on understanding and enhancing the effectiveness of communication systems, processes, and infrastructure. We seek candidates with a national or international record of excellence in research, scholarship and effective teaching in one or more of, and not limited
to, the following interdisciplinary areas:

(1) rhetorical studies, with a special interest in public address and rhetorical criticism; (2) health communication, with a special interest in health promotion and health behavior; and (3) argumentation and debate, with a special interest in applicants qualified to oversee our public speaking program.

Candidates should have a strong interest in collaborative work in these dynamic fields, and could be considered for joint positions with other academic disciplines within the College and
the University.

Successful candidates must have a Ph.D. in communication or a related field and, appropriate to rank, a distinguished record of research, teaching, and service or the demonstrated potential for such. Candidates must demonstrate a high potential to advance their field and must have a well-developed research agenda that will inform and advance current trends in
the field.

All applications must be submitted electronically at
www.northeastern.edu/camd/about/careers. Candidates must include a letter of application describing research, teaching and relevant professional experience, a curriculum vitae, two representative publications, and evidence of teaching excellence. Candidates should also provide the contact information of three references. Letters of recommendation should not be submitted, but they may be requested later during the search process. Applications received on or before October 15, 2013 will be guaranteed full review. The start date for the position is the fall 2014 semester. Inquiries may be directed to Professor Tom Nakayama,
chair of the search committee, at (T.Nakayama /at/ neu.edu).

Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. We offer domestic partner benefits and sexual orientation is included in our affirmative action statement. Our department welcomes applications from
minorities, women and persons with disabilities.