[ecrea] New cultural criticism journal seeks submissions

Tue Jun 18 17:02:46 GMT 2013

I am excited to announce that /American Asparagus/, a new journal of cultural criticism loosely affiliated with the University of Chicago, is accepting submissions through *July 1, 2013* for its first issue. We will publish a wide range of materials, but we are especially interested in essays ("academic" and otherwise) that focus on popular culture and criticism.

Our design is based on principles of /generative typography/: many stylistic elements of our final version(s) will be determined by somewhat random algorithms, so no two copies we print will ever be the same. Please see our website, www.americanasparagus.org <http://www.americanasparagus.org>, for more information on this topic. (We are preparing a short essay to explain the details, recent history and theory of this process. This will be posted to the website in the next few weeks.)

Feel free to send any work along through our website's submission form, or just send me a quick email. Please do pass this along to anyone who might be interested!

Thank you,

Melissa Scott

<(mjscott /at/ UCHICAGO.EDU)>