[ecrea] IIPC VISITING FELLOW

Wed May 22 21:54:29 GMT 2013

IIPC VISITING FELLOW

The International Institute for Popular Culture (IIPC) is a
multi-disciplinary research unit concerned with promoting cutting-edge
research on contemporary popular culture. We aim not only to chart and
explain emerging cultural forms but also to investigate the history
and transformations of popular culture. The Institute is committed to
pursuing academic excellence, and to promoting ambitious, high-quality
research while facilitating international scholarly exchange and
collaborative publications.

The IIPC Visiting Fellow will receive travel costs to and from Turku,
Finland, accommodation during the stay, and office space to work in.
We will not pay your salary or other living expenses. We are looking
for outstanding scholars with a research interest in popular culture
to stay with us for 2-4 months. We require the fellow to give an IIPC
Debate lecture (seehttp://iipcblog.wordpress.com/iipc-debates/) at
the beginning and the end of the stay, and to run a weekly IIPC
Research Seminar. The first possibility to arrive is in the autumn
2013. The minimum requirement for visiting fellows is a PhD degree in
a germane area of research on popular culture.

Deadline: August 15, 2013, we advise those planning to join us in
Autumn 2013 to contact us as soon as possible.

Contact

IIPC Director, Professor John Richardson: john.richardson(at)utu.fi,
tel. +358 2 333 5462

IIPC Coordinator Kimi Kärki: kimi.karki(at)utu.fi, tel. +358 2 333 5890

The postal address of the institute is:

IIPC, Department of Cultural History
University of Turku, FI-20014 Turku
FINLAND