Archive for February 2013

[ecrea] Call for presenters for YECREA-ANZCA joint workshop on Europe-Australia mobility

Fri Feb 22 14:45:33 GMT 2013

On behalf of Esther Chin. Please, contact Esther directly at <(chin.eyw /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(chin.eyw /at/ gmail.com)>> or <(ywechin /at/ unimelb.edu.au) <mailto:(ywechin /at/ unimelb.edu.au)>>.

Call for presenters for YECREA-ANZCA joint workshop on
Europe-Australia mobility (to be proposed)

Dear colleagues,

As Regional Liaison (Australia) of YECREA (Young Scholars Network,
European Communication Research and Education Association), I would
like to propose a YECREA-ANZCA joint workshop on Europe-Australia
mobility, to be held as a panel presentation at ANZCA 2013 (the annual
conference of the Australian and New Zealand Communication
Association, Perth, Australia, July 3-5, 2013). Conference website

This joint presentation has been closely planned with the YECREA
representatives (in particular Anne Kaun - thanks!), and the ANZCA
conference organisers have encouraged the submission of a detailed
proposal.

The proposed aim of the workshop is to open up a space for discussion
and sharing of advice for young scholars about mobility across Europe
and Australia. We envision that presenters are not only young
scholars, but are a mix of scholars at different career stages and
with different experiences, expectations, concerns, and perspectives
regarding mobility across Europe and Australia.

This panel will
(1) support young scholars currently studying and working across
institutions and professional networks in Europe and Australia
(2) promote exchange across Europe and Australia at the research
training and early career stage
(3) showcase the breadth of established and emerging
European-Australian communication research (e.g. comparative studies)
(4) create an initial collaboration between ANZCA and YECREA,
providing a platform for further collaboration between ANZCA and
YECREA.

What is required at this stage is a 500 word abstract (per presenter),
submitted by each presenter for individual review and indicating the
panel's name/title. This is in addition to a 500 word panel proposal
(which I as the proposed panel chair will write).

The conference deadline is March 1 Australian time (please note
Australian time is ahead of European time). However, prospective
presenters are encouraged to be in contact with me as soon as possible
so that the workshop/panel can be developed in collaboration.

If you are interested in being a presenter, please contact Esther Chin
at (ywechin /at/ unimelb.edu.au) <mailto:(ywechin /at/ unimelb.edu.au)>

Thank you!

Best,
Esther Chin
Regional Liaison (Australia), YECREA;
School of Culture and Communication, University of Melbourne, Australia